5 ways to improve mortgage qualifying success
Yes new mortgage rules have made it harder to qualify for a mortgage, whether you are a first-time buyer or looking to renew or refinance your mortgage with a new lender. That’s why you should get yourself mortgage ready well in advance. Here are 5 tips to help you do just that:
- Get your Credit Report. Getting a copy of your credit report will let you know how you will be viewed by lenders. You can order yours for free through the mail or for a small fee online at www.equifax.ca as well as www.transunion.ca If you spot a problem, call us for assistance to resolve the issue.
- Polish your Credit.You can boost your score by several points fairly quickly with continual good credit habits. Most importantly, pay your bills on time, every time. Don’t let your credit accounts exceed 50% of the credit available. Before you cancel any credit cards, get advice. And don’t apply for a store card just to save on your purchase that day. Make a habit of checking your credit score each year, and watch how those good credit habits push your credit score skywards!
- Cash is King. Plan to go into homeownership with the maximum downpayment possible. If you are in the "saving up" stage of preparing for homeownership, now is the time to meet. There are several downpayment savings strategies available that we can put to work for you.
- Get a boost from Family. Parents and grandparents have enjoyed the personal and financial benefits of home ownership themselves, and see how hard it is today to make that important first step into the market. Check to see if they are willing to help by gifting or loaning some or all of the downpayment, or by helping you with other debts.We can help you be fully prepared to get you where you want to go, and to make sure you can take advantage of any opportunities that come your way.
- Start a Dialogue early. Get in touch early to talk about your purchase, refinance or renewal plans. We can help you be fully prepared to get you where you want to go, and to make sure you can take advantage of any opportunities that come your way.
Also remember,history has proven that it is almost impossible to perfectly time the market.Home ownership has proven to be a very solid investment over the long term, so focus on buying a home when you are financially ready and when it fits your lifestyle.
Troy Resvick, MBI
Managing Partner / Senior Mortgage Advisor
Invis - Resvick & Associates Mortgage Advisors
T: 604.532.8769 ext. 1
Happy St. Patrick's Day
March 17, 2015 @ 2:13 PM by: Resvick & Associates
People Don’t Fit in Boxes
If you need a mortgage, you can try and fit into the neat little boxes at the bank hoping for 'Shamrock Luck', or you can come to us first.
We don’t have boxes, We have solutions!
• Self-employed? We have access to lenders that specialize in self-employed mortgages and understand what they are looking for.
• Recently separated? We’ve got options that can give both partners a fresh start.
• Thinking reno? Your mortgage can be your most cost-effective financing option.
• Retired? Access tax-free cash from your home so you can retire your way.
• Shaky credit and need a mortgage now? Solutions are available. We can also help you rebuild your credit for later.
• Thinking like a landlord? Rental properties can be great wealth-builders for ordinary Canadians.
Mortgages do take more than luck, but finding a four leaf clover and finding our team are the same thing! Wherever you are in your homeownership journey, call us for some out-of-the-box thinking!